- Stallion Strong additions:
o PDIS program year one is starting. Goals are teaching kids to become leaders and learn coping skills.
o Strong Dads Program – John Kragel facilitated. First breakfast focused on having integrity. Next breakfast will be on 2/7and will be focused on strong work ethics.
o YMCA recess programming will be on campus each Wednesday to lead games and activities as well as focus on character lessons.
Turkey Trot results:
- Closed at 67% participation and $51,509 total (may have been biggest fund raiser in HSTE PTO history). Checks for each teacher were distributed yesterday.
- Holiday kickoff will be tonight at Desert Ridge Marketplace. This year, we have secured the stage area instead of inside at Barnes and Noble, which should make it easier.
- Several restaurants in Desert Ridge are participating in give-backs.
- Currently, budget is showing red, but this is due to deposits being outstanding. These will eventually catch up and balance. Additionally, some initiatives haven’t yet finished, so these too will balance in the near term.
On the horizon:
- Daddy Daughter Dance on 1/31/20
o Dinner is being catered this year by Oregano’s, no food trucks. This means that we really need an accurate count of attendees. Additionally, the catering requires an increase in ticket price. ($35 this year, which includes dinner and a photo.)
o Save-the-date reminders are going out before the holiday break. Need to stress the importance of advance purchase.
o Dessert / candy bar station will be included.
o Asking for volunteers to bring water/drinks.
o Lots of volunteer opportunities for this event.